HOME   NEWS   DISCUSSIONS   TIMETABLES   WEBCAMS   ROUTE PLANNERS   CONTACT  

Routes

Home Forums General Issues Routes

This topic contains 17 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  RV520 7 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

RV520

WHY is there only new routes put on the north part of Dublin rather than Places like Clondalkin{QUARRYVALE}and Ballyfermot.Theres not even an X-PRESSO going through Ballyfermot to Clondalkin

Al

Why would you want an Xpresso going to Clondalkin via Ballyfermot, with all its traffic problems? I don't disagree that Ballyfermot needs a bus service more oriented to getting people more directly into the city centre; if anything, the low-frequency 78 ought to be reconfigured as such.

You've heard of Route 51D, I take it, which runs via the N4? Goes through Quarryvale, albeit on Fonthill Road.

As for the south side, loads of new routes have been put on there, so I have no clue as to what you mean. Most of the new 1XX routes on the north side terminate on the south side. I don't disagree that the area between Ballyowen and Clondalkin would need more bus service; but most likely that'll be coming sometime in the future, and if not, put pressure on the head office.

Richard

What is the idea behind route 128? I really cannot see the point in a high-frequency service between Rathmines and whatever that place is up the Malahide Road.

So far, the buses are carrying quite a lot of fresh air. What Rathmines really needs is a bus that serves the airport, like the 16A.

Anonymous

Clongriffin had no service before this came in, and you in Rathmines are moaning that your services are not good enough? You have an awful lot better service than many.

Christ, you could always get a bus into Town and then get a bus to the airport, there are absloutely zero links to the Airport on the West and for much of North dublin, but you don't see them complaining. Ironic when the Airport is on the North side.

With all due respect, the priorities in Dublin Bus need to be, in order are:

1) The Areas that are not served AT ALL

2) The areas with substantial overcrowding.

3) The busiest routes with antiqued timetables

4) More direct services involving less changes.

Yes it would be nice to get one bus to the airport every day, but think of all those who have ZERO buses, all you need to do is change a bus, they need to pay for a taxi.
    [posted by: HT]

Richard

HT, I can understand why you make those points, but my original question still stands: WHY a bus service from Rathmines to Clongriffin?

Anonymous

The idea of terminating in Rathmines is nothing to do with increasing services in Rathmines, its in relation to having less bus services terminating in CC.

Clongriffin was in need of a bus service, as the whole area is being completely redeveloped in between the Malahide Road, Clare Hall, Coast Road and Mayne Road.
    [posted by: D42C]

Anonymous

If you are right, then that means that many driver-hours and gallons of petrol are being wasted going up to the leafier end of Rathmines. At the moment, the 128s during the morning rush hour take up to 25 minutes to get through the traffic lights at the Junction with Rathgar Road, and they are usually still empty.

It seems a huge waste of time and money.
    [posted by: Richard]

Anonymous

Are the people in rathmines giving out
    [posted by: RT]

Richard

I am the people in Rathmines.

Anonymous

I work the 128 route and ya get a good few passengers between Rathmines and the City Center.
    [posted by: BusdriverTom]

Anonymous

Hey Tom

Keep up the good work and that goes to all the guys at Harristown, delighted with all the operations from there 🙂
    [posted by: Ciarian]

Anonymous

And I wouldn't mind , but Rathmines in general is served by alot of high frequancy routes to the City, such as the 14/a , 15/a/b,65/b,74/a,83…. etc….

Some people have to walk about 15minutes to the nearest bus stop which could be only every hour!!

Anonymous

Yes, totally. That goes for a few areas on the Southside as well though to be honest. There seems to be some areas with a crazy number of services going through them whilst others are like how you describe with big gaps in services.

How are the driver changes working out there on the 128 I hate to see them happening at all myself as they just cause inconvienence and delays for passengers and annoyances for all parties.

But sure, I don't blame you guys, more a Management issue.
    [posted by: Ciarian]

Anonymous

The problem with driver changes is that we get too much time to get to either Eden Quay / Burgh Quay, on any other route ya don't get enough!! you can't win in this job! 🙂

Anonymous

There is a 128,142 so why not go from Little pace to Rathmines
    [posted by: Pascal O'Reilly]

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.