HOME   NEWS   DISCUSSIONS   TIMETABLES   WEBCAMS   ROUTE PLANNERS   CONTACT  

New version of BUSRAGE launched

Home Forums Announcements New version of BUSRAGE launched

This topic contains 5 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  armitage 8 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

armitage
    Keymaster

Hi,

After many hours of toil we’ve finally launched BUSRAGE on it’s new platform. We have upgraded the entire site to more reliable and faster hardware and software. We are now hosted in Europe, so users may or may not notice a difference due to this also.

Plus, and this is the most obvious change, our new discussion forum now requires a user account before a message can be posted. While some users may dislike this, it is necessary in order to combat the vast amounts of spam and trolling we have to deal with.

As part of moving from the old site to the new one we tried to preserve the existing message board, and auto-created user accounts for users who provided an email address with their posting. If you would like to activate an account that has been auto-created for posts you have made in the past, you can request the password to be sent to you. Simply follow these steps:

1. Find one of your old posts on the discussion forum, make a note of the username for the post in the left hand column.

2. Try to login using that username (without entering a pasword)

3. You should see a recover password button, click this – your new password will be emailed to you.

Alternatively you can setup a new account, simply go to the register page by following the link above the login form.

Any problems, please email us via the addresses on the contact page.

We are keen to hear comments about the new site, and to hear about any issues encountered.

Thanks,

BUSRAGE Administrators

Richard2

I have just registered (as a new user, I didn’t go in as my former self, namely Richard)but I have been sent a password which I will not be able to remember and which I probably will not type in correctly – I only got in this time by copying and pasting it from the email, which I do not want to have to keep doing. Is there any way a user can reset his/her own password?

armitage
    Keymaster

Yes, you can change your password. Once you log in you should see “view your profile” in the place

where the log in form was.

Click on this, and on the subsequent page click on “edit” in the top right hand corner of the page.

The “change password” form is at the bottom of this page.

Richard2

Thanks admin, I’ll give that a go.

arnold

Can somebody please tell me why so many people think it is acceptable to run after a departing bus ,that has pulled away from the stop and to start banging onthe door of the bus ?

armitage
    Keymaster

arnold – this is off-topic for this thread – if you want you can add this as a new topic for discussion here: add new topic.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.