HOME   NEWS   DISCUSSIONS   TIMETABLES   WEBCAMS   ROUTE PLANNERS   CONTACT  

New Bus Cameras

Home Forums Off-Topic New Bus Cameras

This topic contains 11 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  ADO 14 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

ADO

has anybody seen those new cameras on Buses? i saw one their on friday, on DT10, 3 upper saloon and 3 lower saloon cameras.

AlekSmart

Well spotted ADO.

The tendering process for installing and commissioning the CCTV system across the entire fleet is complete.

Within the next 12 months the entire fleet will be equipped with a multi camera system.

This will most certainly be a huge advance on whats presently there as it`s a fully digitized system with images saved to an on-board hard drive.

Additionally when combined with the new radio and ticketing system it will have the capability to be viewed remotely at the garages.

Therefore it will be feasible for gougers slashing and burning upstairs to be captured in the act without the driver having to get involved at all.For example it would allow for a member of the Gardai to observe an offender committing criminal damage and merely arrange to board the bus at the next stop and arrest the blighter.

This would get around the requirement to have independent witnesses who tend to be targetted with intimidation.

The other advantage is that the actual picture quality is FAR better than the old analogue Video Tape VHS systems which will should greatly boost conviction rates !!

kevin

It also has a camera on the outside supposedly for cars in bus-lanes and illegal parking etc but God help the driver who say,s he had to swerve to avoid a cyclist

Anonymous

London Bus’s have had rear view cameras for years now, hopefully this will take place in Dublin and the car driving bus-lane user will have a nice ¤25 fine through there mailbox!
    [posted by: XP27]

Anonymous

I was told the union had the block on these cameras cos they fear the company will use them to spy on staff. was that just bull?
    [posted by: G]

AlekSmart

Yes G I certainly hope it is. I was in Paris last year and spoke to a number of RatP drivers who werte concerned at tyhe installation of a similar system in their vehicles.

It appears that they sought and recieved assurances on how and when the exterior footage would be used.AFAIK the Police would be the only ones able to access the footage for action.

However I would be concerned at the element of “Second Guessing” which could take place after the event.

However the Earth is NOT flat and so we have no danger of falling off…..

Anonymous

forget the camera, have uncover garda on every route
    [posted by: robert tedders]

Anonymous

well you could, but the union would winge!
    [posted by: ADO]

amcguckin

well maybe it stop bus inspectors from not lelling the truth about incidents or worse would dublin bus be able to doctor the film

dennis

Just a wee query for Mr Tedders try getting any garda to attend a bus and let me know how long it takes,and as for ADO why do you think the union would whinge when said invisible garda would be able to help their members.

kevin

And who say,s there,s no under-cover checker,s out there already, oop,s sorry they only check the AIR-LINK dont care about fare evaders just dont trust the driver,s

kevin

It,s the only route in the whole of Dublin that you,ll see checker,s

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.