HOME   NEWS   DISCUSSIONS   TIMETABLES   WEBCAMS   ROUTE PLANNERS   CONTACT  

Bus Eireann School Buses.

Home Forums Off-Topic Bus Eireann School Buses.

This topic contains 14 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 13 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

**changed for correction** I just want to ask do you think that bus eireann school school buses are safe, also what do you think of the 15year general age of school buses? Do you think that bus Eireann should move over and give someone else a turn? Personaly i think that the bus that was in Mondays tragic accident in Naven (DVH 17,, 1993 reg bus) was ok and up to the job of bringing school children saftley to/from School. However i think some areas of Bus Eireanns school fleet should be looked at KC KE type buses still on school dutys and out stationing of some school buses. The media going bananas about seatbelts but could u imagine trying to get 50 schoolkids sitting down strapped in seatbelts (dont think so). Anyways the finger looks now likley pointed at the new road surface & the down pour of rain before the acccident. This is an issue thats going to cause a load of havvoc over coming weeks….
    [posted by: Jodi]

Anonymous

sadly jodi the bus was not up to the job as for whatever the reason 5 children did not return home.
    [posted by: a2000]

Anonymous

Bus Eireann have 2 yellow schoolbuses in broadstone, does anyone know if they are in service? Does anyone else think that First Group should be giving schools contract?

Anonymous

“Anyways the finger looks now likley pointed at the new road surface & the down pour of rain before the acccident.”

What a load of bollocks.

Has anyone even thought of safe driving speeds so as to enable to stop short of any obstruction? How many times has anyone ever seen a Bus Eierean vehicle obeying the blanket national speed limit of 50mph???

Tell me, what kind of lateral load would be neccessary to topple aprox 13tons of vehicle? I think you will find this one to be Bus Driver error but then i expect it will be swept under the carpet like the Dublin Bus crash. Cant have CIE admitting liability can we!

If you or I were to hit someone up the arse on any irish road, and then blame it on weather, road conditions, road layout or line of sight or whatever, the gardai would have one thing to say to you. “if all that was the case, why didnt you drive accordingly?”

Food for thought.
    [posted by: Aircoach man]

Anonymous

How many times has anyone ever seen a ”Aircoach”vehicle obeying the blanket national speed limit of 50mph???

kevin

Jodi if you read the past history of First bus and it,s subsidaries in the U.S.A. you would,nt even ask that question eg buses not turning up and when they do the driver,s are not qualified to drive Nail,s into wood let alone schoolchildren home

AlekSmart

Jodi and Kevin,I think AC Man`s points may well have been made at the end of a long and stressful day.

The reality of the situation is that the investigation into the causitive factors is ongoing.

I think if he/she reflects on their post they will perhaps accept that they are somewhat off centre in their thinking.

To say that the Wellington Quay crash is being “Swept under the carpet” is to pre-empt the outcome of the pending court case.

AC Man may not like the speed of the Legal System but since the Charges have been laid he (and everybody else) will have to await the outcome of the trial process.

He/She may well prefer a lynch mob but thats not how the Law see`s it.

The isssue of CIE (Or ANY Insured person) admitting liability is well covered in Insurance policies by the very simple yet clear direction by Insurers to the Insured that NO admission of Liability should be made irrespective of the situation at the time of the accident.

The response of CIE/Bus Atha Cliath in the immediate aftermath of the Wellington Quay accident was as rapid and all encompassing as ANY response to a public disaster made up until then.

There is a very compelling account in a recent issue of the Irish Councilling and Phsychotherapy Associations Journal which describes the manner in which the company responded in the immediate aftermath of the crash.

I would strongly recommend those such as AC Man try to get hold of an issue and read through the article before ascending Mount Olympus.

Its also worth remembering that the issue of who hit what and when,in the Kentstown accident is as yet unclear.

It may well emerge that the Coach was struck BY another vehicle rather than what anybody THINKS happened at this time.

I have on many occasions come upon Aircoach Drivers in a “spot of bother” with other vehicles after accidents and my sympathies always tend to lie with the coach driver who no matter what,is only trying to earn a living,sometimes with strong pressures on to maintain schedules etc.

I would certainly be slow to rush to print on this board or elsewhere about events I had witnessed never mind only heard about.

Occasionally we find that the scientific explanations for disasters can run against what we all expected,for example how a huge vessel such as The Herald of Free Enterprise could be sunk by the inflow of some 25cm of water into the lower car deck….How a poorly fitted piece of Titanium rubbing strip falling from a previous aircraft could eventually destroy a fully loaded Concorde and effectively end civil Supersonic Flight.

In the Kentstown situation perhaps a period of reflection would be the best course of action ?

spare man

“I think you will find this one to be Bus Driver error but then i expect it will be swept under the carpet like the Dublin Bus crash”

Swept under the carpet? The driver is been charged with dangerous driving causing death.

Bus driver error? I take it you never made a mistake in your life, only difference here is when a bus driver makes a mistake someone is injured or worse.

colmlydon

I think Bus Eireann should take the buses that are older than 15 years of the road and and bring in newer buses that are fitted with seatbelts

Anonymous

And the money for this is coming from where excatly???

Anonymous

The lawsuits they will avoid by having a road worthy fleet.
    [posted by: a2000]

Anonymous

how dare you say something like that, i was on the kentstown bus that crashed and i know personally that not one person travelling on the bus thought that it was any of the bus drivers fault. he did everything that he could to avoid what happened, and what has happened to him since is an absolute disgrace, when the bus crash happened he was hounded by the media and the press being called a murderer, how dare the media invade our privacy and not let us grieve in peace.
    [posted by: lisa]

Anonymous

First of all Linda i dont believe you… Newer buses are gradually making there was on to school duties, SI class i think? not 100% sure. Dublin bus are now cascading some more AD and 9 VA,s to schools also so the oldest BE school bus would now average 1993- 2001? The seatbelts are costing BE a forture and a simple rule should be inforced. You dont wear your seatbelt you dont travel on this bus! Period!

Anonymous

You people are sad to the extreme. Why do you comment on something that you know nothing about.

The people who post here are lifes loosers. Used toilet paper. Net nerds are just vermin.
    [posted by: cule dude]

Anonymous

i am gay
    [posted by: qvc]

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.