HOME   NEWS   DISCUSSIONS   TIMETABLES   WEBCAMS   ROUTE PLANNERS   CONTACT  

Any chances for work?

Home Forums Off-Topic Any chances for work?

This topic contains 14 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Brambi 14 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Brambi

Hello All!

I live in Poland im 27 years old.In short time i want to come to Dublin and get a job.I have D driving licence so i would prefer work as bus driver.Please write if i have any possibility to get work in busses as foreginer with middle level of english?

AlekSmart

Brambi a chairde,unless you are a proven member of the Polish Mafia you will be welcomed with open arms.

Your proficiency in spoken English sounds just about the level most of the customers operate at so once again I forsee no problems there.

Only other issue would be do you REALLY want to come to Dublin as it presently is…..?

Do a bit of research first….the day of the half-door and the friendly pub are in the past !!

Anonymous

U’d get a job with Dublin Bus no probs, no knowledge of the streets needed, and basic english will do!
    [posted by: Joe P]

Brambi

It`s nice to hear that 🙂

Im no form Polish Mafia ^^ i just want to get good work for good pay,here i earn about 300 euros per month…working 12-16 hours a day,conditions of work in Dublin Bus is a heaven for me in compare to my actual job.I`ve done some research and im satisfied in that what i know for now.I just want to know one more thing:are there any foreginers in Dublin buses? Or I`ll be first ?

Anonymous

LOL!!! I suppose you’ll want to be the first foreigner bus inspector as well??????
    [posted by: GO SHARP]

kevin

Geez dont encourage him too much the Bastard,s we have already are bad enough we dont need anymore (inspector,s that is )

Anonymous

i am half nigerian & half german & i am living in the worst part of dublin
    [posted by: stefan leech]

kevin

Half Nigerian/half German you,ll do for the managing director,s job,might be a little better than a Brit

Anonymous

Aw lads. If the guy wants to come to Ireland to work stop giving him a hard time. And his command of English is better than most of the people I see on the 13!

If he doesn’t get into DB he might end up in Aircoach. And he doesn’t deserve that.
    [posted by: zeppo]

Brambi

Re up

What`s wrong beeing Aircoach driver? Give me a warning before I`ll do something stupid plz

Anonymous

Nothing in particular Brambi. Except from what I hear it’s a non-unionised hellhole with a very high turnover of drivers. And they have a tendency to block up my bus stop in central Dublin during the rush hour.
    [posted by: zeppo]

kevin

And dont have any minor scratches or your gone before you even get to the Airport

Anonymous

i work for amc and we need staff
    [posted by: robert tedders]

AlekSmart

Brambi…The only sure way is to apply and see what happens.

It ok to rant and rave about Aircoach Drivers and their working conditions BUT I know (and wave to) many of these guy`s who have been with them almost from the start so maybe it`s not ALL that bad.

At least they have 16 speeds to play around with…….

Anonymous

AC will put you on the carpark buses first before they let you out on the road in there precious buses! They will also pay you the same hourly rate at a spotty burger flipper! AMC will have you driving around at all hours of the morning for peanuts as well! So unionised companys like CIE are the only real option.
    [posted by: X27]

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.